I received my permit, when can I begin work?
Prior to beginning work, you must submit a Start/Completion Construction Notice to MCDOT. This notice and a traffic control plan (TCP) must be provided at least 24 hours prior to start of work. If the requested traffic control plan is complicated or in a high traffic location, more than 24 hours review time may be required. Check with Permits Customer Service if you have questions regarding longer TCP review times. Return to MCDOT

Show All Answers

1. My plans were reviewed and approved by MCDOT. How long is the approval valid?
2. I will be working on utilities or other facilities owned by another entity or jurisdiction? Does that entity need to review my plans?
3. Do I need to contact the Maricopa County Environmental Services Department (MCESD) if I intend to work on a water or sewer line?
4. I received my permit, when can I begin work?
5. My work is completed. Do I need to let MCDOT know?
6. How are permit fees determined?
7. Why must I pay a permit fee?
8. My permit expired but I still have work to do. How do I renew my permit?
9. I need to cancel my permit. Can I get a refund?
10. Are performance or surety bonds required for all MCDOT Right of Way permits?
11. I only need temporary Right of Way access. Do I still need a performance or surety bond?
12. My project is complete. How long will it take for my performance or surety bond to be returned?