Apply for Youth Workforce Services
Career services are AVAILABLE and our Career Centers are OPEN by appointment only. If you are interested in our services, please fill out the following Job Seeker Inquiry Form by clicking on the button below. We will contact you in the order your form is received.
If you have difficulty completing the form, please call us at:
- East Valley Residents: 602-372-9700
- West Valley Residents: 602-372-4200
Additionally, Arizona residents are able to utilize self-services at home by going to www.azjobconnection.gov and creating a Job Seeker account. From this website, customers are able to create a resume and search through job postings.
*Please note that HSD does not provide Unemployment Insurance (UI). However, you can apply for UI from the safety of your home. To apply, please submit an application online or call 1-877-600-2722. For more information from the Department of Economic Security (DES), please visit www.azui.gov.
Out-of-school youth ages 16 to 24 interested in furthering their education and/or finding gainful employment may qualify for workforce services from the Human Services Department. ARIZONA@WORK - Maricopa County Youth Workforce Services offers a free, year-round program where young adults receive individualized support and services to build the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to be successful in a chosen career pathway.
Available services include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
- High school equivalency instruction
- Alternative secondary school services
- Unpaid and paid work experience
- Occupational skills training
- Adult mentoring for 12 months+
- Leadership development opportunities
- Financial literacy education
- Entrepreneurial skills training
Youth workforce services are available to Maricopa County residents living outside the city of Phoenix. If you live in Phoenix, please click here to learn about youth workforce services in your area.
To apply for ARIZONA@WORK – Maricopa County Youth Workforce Services, follow the step-by-step instructions listed below.
HOW TO APPLY
To qualify for youth workforce services, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicant is 16- to 24-years-old
- Applicant is not attending school
- Applicant meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Is a high school dropout
- Has not attended the most recent quarter of the school year
- Is in the juvenile or adult justice system
- Is experiencing homelessness
- Is or has been in foster care
- Is pregnant or has a child
- Has a disability
- Has a low income and needs assistance to achieve educational and employment goals
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent and:
- Has a low income
- Is basic skills deficient or an English language learner (i.e., English as a second language)
Gather Required Documentation
To help establish eligibility, please collect the following documentation. You will need to bring these documents with you to a one-on-one appointment at your local career center.
- Photo identification that includes date of birth
- Social Security card
- Selective Service Registration for males 18 to 24 years of age
- Documentation that demonstrates the applicant meets the criteria listed in Step 1
Please note that additional documentation may be requested by workforce staff to determine eligibility.
Contact Local Career Center
Once you have gathered the required documentation, please schedule a one-on-one appointment by sending an email to WDDYouth@maricopa.gov or calling your local career center using the information provided below.
Remember to bring the required documentation with you to the appointment.
|Service Locations||Phone Number||Address|
|Avondale Youth Hub||602-372-4252|
|East Valley Career Center||602-372-9700||735 N. Gilbert Rd., Suite 134|
Gilbert, AZ 85234
|Peoria Youth Hub||602-751-0645||8335 W. Jefferson St.|
Peoria, AZ 85345
|Tempe Youth Hub||480-350-5824||2150 E. Orange St. |
Tempe, AZ 85281
|West Valley Career Center||602-372-4200||4425 W. Olive Ave., Suites 190 & 200|
Glendale, AZ 85302
|TTY/TTD Arizona Relay System||7-1-1|