Find a Job Through Our Career Services
Adults ages 18+ interested in developing professional skills and/or finding gainful employment may qualify for career services from the Human Services Department. ARIZONA@WORK - Maricopa County offers an array of free services to help you build the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to be successful in a chosen career pathway.
Maricopa County residents seeking comprehensive career guidance, professional skills development, and work experience opportunities may qualify for individualized career services through ARIZONA@WORK - Maricopa County.
Individualized career services include, but are not limited to:
- Apprenticeship, internship, and work experience opportunities
- Basic skills assessments
- Career guidance and coaching
- Computer lab access
- Employment Academy skills training
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Financial literacy education
- Higher Education Support
- Job fair events
- Job readiness workshops
- Job search assistance
- Occupational skills training
Maricopa County Workforce Development Locations
Comprehensive Career Centers
ARIZONA@WORK - Maricopa County East Valley
1001 W. Southern Ave., Suite 101
Mesa, AZ 85210
ARIZONA@WORK - Maricopa County West Valley
4425 W. Olive Ave., Suite 190
Glendale, AZ 85302
Partner Career Centers
Career services are also available at locations throughout Maricopa County that are operated in partnership with these organizations:
- City of Avondale, Arizona Complete Health Avondale Resource Center, 995 E. Riley Dr., Avondale, AZ 85323
- City of Mesa, MesaCAN, 635 E. Broadway Rd., Mesa, AZ 85204
- City of Scottsdale, Vista Del Camino Community Center, 7700 E. Roosevelt St., Scottsdale, AZ 85257
- City of Surprise, Surprise Resource Center, 12425 W. Bell Rd., Building A, Suite 124, Surprise, AZ 85378
- City of Tempe, Tempe Public Library, 3500 S. Rural Rd., Suite 202, Tempe, AZ 85282
- Maricopa County Library District, Town of Queen Creek, Queen Creek Library, 21802 S. Ellsworth Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142
- Maricopa County Library District, City of Goodyear, 1900 N. Civic Square, Goodyear, AZ 85395
- Maricopa County Library District, City of Peoria, 8463 W. Monroe St., Peoria, AZ 85345
- Maricopa County Library District, Town of Gila Bend, Gila Bend Library, 777 N. Logan Ave., Gila Bend, AZ 85337
Note: The City of Phoenix has its own program for its residents at ARIZONA@WORK City of Phoenix.
Step 1. Check Eligibility
To qualify for career services, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicant is 18 years or older
- Applicant can legally work in the United States
Step 2. Create AJC Account
To begin accessing services offered at one of the Maricopa County career centers, please create an Arizona Job Connection (AJC) PLUS account. This can be completed online or at one of our centers.
To begin creating an account, click on the “Job Seekers” tab in the menu followed by clicking on the “Create a Job Seeker Account” button on the right side of the page. Please follow the instructions provided on the “Create Job Seeker Account” page.
In addition to accessing ARIZONA@WORK - Maricopa County services, you will be able to use this account to write and post resumes, perform advanced job searches, receive job alerts, etc.
If you have any questions while creating your account, please contact your local career center for assistance.
Step 3. Visit Client Portal and Career Center
Once you have created an AJC profile, you will be able to access ARIZONA@WORK - Maricopa County basic career services at one of our centers. We encourage all clients to first visit the Client Portal prior to visiting the Career Center to indicate your interest in our services. Staff will reach out to you to help schedule an appointment.
When visiting one of our centers, please bring a valid driver’s license to verify your identification.
Additionally, Arizona residents are able to create a resume and search through job postings by visiting www.azjobconnection.gov and creating a Job Seeker account.
Please note that HSD does not provide Unemployment Insurance (UI). However, you can apply for UI from the safety of your home by submitting an application online or by calling 1-877-600-2722. For more information from the Department of Economic Security (DES), please visit www.azui.gov.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. ARIZONA@WORK Maricopa County products and services are made available through federal funding provided by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) serving employers by aiding job seekers, adults, dislocated workers, and youth. WIOA establishes a priority requirement for the use of funds for Adult Employment and Training Activities. Priority is given to veterans, public assistance recipients (TANF, SNAP, SSI), low-income individuals, or individuals who are basic skills deficient.