Outbreak Reporting for Schools and Child Care Centers
Schools and child care centers are required to report outbreaks of infectious diseases under Arizona Administrative Code A.A.C. R9 6, 203 and ARS Title 36. To report an outbreak, please contact 602-506-6767.
Diseases to Be Reported
Schools are required to report the following diseases. To obtain further information click:
Outbreaks (meaning an unexpected increase) of the following diseases/conditions need to be reported to your local health department:
Conditions & Diseases
Information on other conditions/diseases:
Important Forms & Templates
- Arizona Reportable Disease List (English) (PDF)
- Communicable Disease Reporting Form (PDF)
- Generic Line List (XSLX)
- Hand Washing Education (English) (PDF)
- Hand Washing Education (Spanish) (PDF)
- Sanitation Education (English) (PDF)
- Specimen Collection Consent Forms (English) (PDF)
- Specimen Collection Consent Forms (Spanish) (PDF)
- Varicella (Chickenpox) Report Form (Word)
Monitoring of respiratory illness at schools is one of the most important indications of flu in the community and MCDPH has been doing it since 2001. A web-based system was created in response to the H1N1 pandemic to facilitate reporting of respiratory and gastrointestinal absences at schools. Participation is voluntary and the number of participating schools varies each year. It is very simple and easy to use. Most schools have the main office or school nurses report on this information.
For more information view the Be a Part of Influenza Schools Surveillance flyer (PDF).