Types of Emergencies
The following are common types of major events that may affect your daily routine.
- Infectious Disease Outbreak
- Monsoon Flooding
- Power Outages
- Widespread Flu
Did you know your neighborhood school may be a designated emergency shelter? It may also serve as a designated community disaster shelter or POD, point for dispensing emergency medicine or vaccines.
A few moments now, a few extra items you put aside at home and special discussions you have now with your family, neighbors, co-workers, and local community may make a big difference if the unexpected occurs here in our Valley.
- American Red Cross - How to Prepare and Respond to Children Who May Be Affected by an Emergency or Disaster
- Pandemic Influenza Preparedness for School Planning
- Resource for Recognizing Signs of Stress by the American Academy of Pediatrics
School & Care Giver Resources
- Disaster Preparedness Resources - Address Children's Specific Needs
- Emergency Planning Tools, Planning Templates and Aides to Guide School Emergency Planning
- FEMA and Discovery Channel Launch New Web Resource for Schools - Ready Classroom!
- Hand-Washing Stickers (PDF) - Print on Avery Number 5160 Labels
School Resources for Pandemic Flue / Widespread Infectious Disease Outbreak Planning
- Child Care and Preschool Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist (PDF)
- Colleges and Universities Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist (PDF)
- Novel H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
- School District (K-12) Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist (PDF)