Adopt a Pet
Looking for a new pet?
Browse photos of our current residents via the links above and if you see one you are interested in, we encourage you to visit our adoption locations so that you may view the animals in person and get a feel for their personality. You do not need to be an Arizona resident to adopt from us, but you must complete the adoption in person and we are unable to provide transportation for your newly adopted dog or cat.
What's Included in the adoption?Along with your new 'fur-ever' friend, dogs in our shelter are given:
- 4-in-1 vaccination (distemper, hepatitis, parvo virus, and parinfluenza)
- Bordatella vaccination
- flea/tick treatment
- Adopted dogs ages 3 months of age and older also receive a rabies vaccination and County dog license/tag as part of their adoption fee.
- All animals adopted from us also must be spayed or neutered prior to leaving the shelter. If you adopt a cat/dog that has not yet been altered, it may need to stay an extra day or two for surgery.
What are the costs?
Puppy and Dog Adoptions
- Five months of age and younger: $300
- Six months of age and older and more than 21 pounds: $50-$150
- Six months of age and older and less than 20 pounds: $75 - $200
- Six years of age and older: $25-$75
- Shelter Super Heroes: Up to $300
Kitten & Cat Adoptions
- Five months of age and younger: $75-$150
- Six months of age to 6 years old: $25-$75
- Senior cats (7 years and older): $25
Fast Pass Adoptions
Some pets who are on a legal stray hold (generally 72 hours) are eligible for a Fast Pass Adoption. Here’s a look at how it works:
- What is the Fast Pass Adoption program? The Fast Pass Adoption Program allows adopters the chance to reserve a dog or cat while still on a legally mandated hold.
- Why are we doing this? To help ensure we always have life-saving space available for animals in need and that we maintain a healthy number of animals in our Capacity for Care. A Fast Pass adoption potentially reduces a pet’s length of stay by one day.
- How does it work? Most healthy, friendly animals are available for Fast Pass. All Fast Pass adoptions must be completed at the shelter; no phone holds. Adoption fees for Fast Pass are generally $300 with some exceptions. If an owner comes forward, legal holds may be extended. No fees are collected until the holds are removed.
- Fast Pass may not be appropriate for every adopter as we do not allow dogs still on a legal hold to meet privately owned dogs.
Pets and Vets Program
- Adopters participating in the program are responsible for only paying the $22 license fee, while the adoption fee is waived for all dogs and cats 5 years of age and older.
- All other animals, including puppies (5 months of age or less), kittens (5 months of age or less), Shelter Super Heroes and other premium-priced pets also are available for veterans in this program at 50 percent off their current adoption price.
- Limit one discount in the program per veteran every eight years.
Veterans wishing to participate in the program are asked to provide verification of veteran, reservist or active duty status. We will accept the following verification documents:
- Military ID
- DD214 Military Discharge Certificate
- Honorable Discharge Certificate
- Letter for the U.S. Military Center in St. Louis or Letter from the Maryland Veterans Administration Service Program.