Maricopa County Lead Poisoning Prevention
The Maricopa County Department of Public Health works with the Department of Human Services Lead Safe Maricopa County program and the City of Phoenix Lead Safe Phoenix program to provide safer living environments for young children.
Lead Safe Maricopa County helps eligible homeowners and renters in the following cities and towns:
- Gila Bend
Select the tabs below to learn more about each program.
Residents of the City of Phoenix who meet certain requirements can apply for the services listed below at no cost.
- Lead blood testing for children under 6 years of age
- Environmental assessment of the home to enhance the health and safety of the children in the home
- Education on the prevention of lead poisoning
- Screening and referral to community resources as needed
Community Education and Outreach
- Education regarding lead hazards and lead poisoning prevention to target populations (pregnant women, households with children under six) within Lead Safe Phoenix eligible zip codes
- Education to home visiting program staff working within the Lead Safe Phoenix target zip codes
- Lead Safe Phoenix - City of Phoenix
- Arizona Lead Poisoning information
- Arizona Department of Health Services’ Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program Rules, Statutes & Services
- Lead information from the CDC
See if your home qualifies to be made safer at no cost to you through the Lead Safe Phoenix program:
Homeowners and renters living in the communities of Gila Bend, Guadalupe, Tolleson, and Youngtown may be qualified to receive services from the Human Services Department’s Lead Safe Maricopa County program. This no-cost program aims to reduce childhood lead poisoning by creating lead-safe housing for the County’s most vulnerable families.
Services available for eligible homeowners and renters will include
- lead-based paint home inspections and
- hazard reduction services.