Planning and Development works in partnership with the following regulatory agencies. Your project may involve one of more permits from these agencies. Please click on the links to learn about their permitting processes.
- The Department of Environmental Services Water and Waste Management Division regulates onsite waste water systems.
- The Department of Environmental Services Stormwater Quality Program regulates stormwater runoff control.
- The Department of Transportation regulates areas of Right of Way.
- The Flood Control District regulates development within floodplains.
- The Air Quality Department regulates dust control for construction sites.
Recently Poured Post Tension Slab
Drywall Nailing Inspection
External Lath Inspection
Gas Water Heater
Production 2 Story Final Inspection
Strap and Shear Inspection
Interior Shear Inspection
Subdivision In Progress
|New Custom Home||Addition or Accessory||Alteration|
|New Manufactured Home||Custom Pool, Pool & Spa||Above Ground Pool and/or Spa|
|Ground Mounted Solar Photovoltaic System||New Standard Plan||New Standard Plan Pool|
|Production Home or Structure||Production Pool or Standalone Spa|
|Up to 200 amp Service||201 to 400 amp Service|
|Over 400 amp Service||Service to a Shared Well|
|Roof Mounted Solar Photovoltaic System|
|Web Issued Minors||Non-Technical Minors (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing)||Minor Plumbing - Roof Mounted Solar Water Heater|
|Fence - Building Review||Fence - Drainage Review Only||Grading - Miscellaneous/Paving|
|Grading - Stockpile/Grading Only||Compliance Inspection|
Residential Use in Military High Noise or Accident Potential Zone:
Residential uses are not allowed within the high noise or accident potential zone of a military airport (Luke Air Force Base) or ancillary military facility (Luke Auxiliary Airfield Number 1 and the Gila Bend Auxiliary Airfield) unless both Luke Air Force Base and Maricopa County mutually agree that the residential use is compatible and consistent with the high noise or accident potential of the military airport or ancillary military facility. To make such a decision, an application for a Use Compatibility and Consistency Determination (UCCD) must be submitted and approved prior to application for a residential building permit.
Please see Chapter 10, Section 1010 (PDF) of Maricopa County Zoning Ordinance for specific details. Check to see if your parcel is in a high noise or accident potential zone.
- Permit Processing Change HB2443l Information (PDF)
- Expired Permit Information (PDF)
- Pool and Pool Barriers (PDF)
- Public Utility Easement Waiver (PDF)
- Fence Details (PDF)
- Fast Track Program (PDF)
- Construction Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Carport Enclosure Building Standards (PDF)
- Building Elevation Requirements (PDF)
- Attached Patio Carport Building Standards (PDF)
- Residential Site Plan and Building Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Residential Construction Packet (PDF)
- Permit Process Overview (PDF)
- Inspection Information (PDF)
- Fence Details for Sun City and Sun City West (PDF)
- Standard Plans 2015-03 (PDF)
- Application Only Packet (PDF)
- Contact Supplemental (PDF)
- Typical Site Plan Example with Checklist (PDF)
- Submittal Matrix (PDF)
- Grading Packet (PDF)
- Manufactured Packet (PDF)
- Minor Permit Packet (PDF)
- Pool-Spa Packet (PDF)