Maricopa County's Wellness Works program supports and encourages a healthy workforce by providing programs and resources to help employees maintain or improve their health.
Maricopa County's Regional Parks Virtual Event: Nov. 15 - Dec. 10
This new, virtual County-Sponsored Well-Being Event is replacing the in-person Durango 5K Fun Run/Walk and Mesa Walk in 2021. You can participate with your co-workers, or for the first time, you can invite up to four of your outside family and friends to be your teammates!
- Register starting November 1 on the Wellness Portal
- It’s a team challenge. Teams can have 2-5 members
- If you want to include your friends and family on your team, invite them before the Challenge starts
- Track your steps manually or sync with a tracker each week of the challenge
- Participate on non-paid time and coordinate coverage with your supervisor
- After the Challenge, report your participation for the “County-Sponsored Well-Being Event” activity in the Wellness Portal
The average American spends more than four hours a day on their smartphone. This amount of screen time can cause anxiety and depression. To alleviate those negative feelings, how about trying a digital detox in November? Spend some more face time with the people who mean the most to you!
To start a digital detox, check your screen time. See how much time you’re spending on the phone each day. Try and reduce this to under an hour a day. At the end of the month, reflect on how this detox has improved your life. Here is a tracker to get started.
Bringing Out the Best in Others
Webinar presented by Magellan
Tuesday, October 19
Learn these three strategies and discuss how you will apply them to bring out the best in others:
- Law of attraction
- Emotional intelligence
- Comparative advantage
Register here Version OptionsWellness WorksHeadline (HUB Course MAG040)
Becoming a Successful Team Player
Webinar presented by Magellan
Thursday, October 21
Discuss what it means to be a team player and why it’s important. Learn to:
- Develop an action plan to become a more successful team player, including tips for virtual workers
Register here Version OptionsWellness WorksHeadline (HUB Course MAG041)
To Your Good Health
Flu Shot Clinics:
September 21 – October 28
Various County Locations
Get immunized against the flu at a County worksite starting in September. Schedule your flu shot on the Wellness Portal. Click on the “Benefits” tab, click on “View all," then the Flu Shot Clinics tile. Click "Start Now" to schedule your onsite appointment.
You can also get a free flu shot at select in-network local area pharmacies, or through your in-network healthcare provider.
Getting a COVID-19 vaccine as well as a flu shot counts as one “Your Choice” activity if you are earning the Wellness Reward. Both immunizations must have been received after January 1, 2021. To earn credit, visit the Rewards page on the Wellness Portal and self-report your immunizations.
Healthy Living Program:
REGULAR PROGRAMMING INCLUDES:
- LA Fitness memberships at reduced rates for County employees and their families
- Onsite Fitness Centers with free memberships at various County locations
- Weight Watchers at Work reimbursement for employees who meet program requirements
- Wellness campaigns offered throughout the year (Bike to Work Day, Fitness Walk, etc.)
- A Wellness Incentive Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. ($60.00/month) to help employees reduce the cost of their medical premium
Detailed information about these programs can be found on the County’s Intranet, (MyMC) on the Wellness Works page Opens a New Window. .