The State of Arizona recently revised the rules that govern vital records. Please read carefully as information has changed. And, feel free to drop by and meet with one of our professional Registrars at one of our four valley wide offices. We are here for you!
How is a Private (Family) Burial Different From a Burial Coordinated by a Funeral Home?
There are occasions when loved ones seek to conduct a private family burial and or service that is not coordinated by a licensed funeral services provider.
How to Proceed With Requesting to Conduct a Private Family Burial
In order to proceed lawfully with a private burial, please follow these steps:
- Visit our Central Valley office or call and speak with one of our professional Registrars to obtain the required permit and plan the necessary registration of this important event. This is an important FIRST step as some circumstances may not allow for a private family burial
- We will assist you with verifying if all the required information and proper medical certification has been obtained, completing the required documentation and prepare official permit needed before your loved one's remains are transported to their final resting place
- Once this information has been completed and reviewed, a death certificate will be prepared and registered by our office
- Certified copies of this death certificate will be available for purchase to eligible applicants. In some cases, this may be ready the same day as the certificate is registered
- Please review the state laws explaining who is eligible to purchase certified copies of Arizona death records
We are here to help you. Stop by one of our four offices and let us answer your questions and assist you with this process.