(Information obtained from Preparing Adolescents for Young Adulthood (PAYA), Handbook for Skill Development, Massachusetts Department of Social Services – click here to visit website)
- I would describe myself as this type of person:
- This makes me angry:
- When I get angry, I:
- I don't like it when someone:
- When I am alone I feel:
- If I have a problem, I:
- I get nervous when:
- For an appointment, I am always:
- I feel happy when:
- If I could change one thing about myself, it would be:
- When I have free time, I like to:
- I usually watch television for (number of hours per week):
- My favorite TV programs are:
- I usually go to bed and get up at (time of night/day):
- I generally talk on the telephone for about (minutes/hours per week):
- Spending time alone is:
- The kind of music I usually listen to is:
- Cooking is:
- I usually eat (when and where):
- Do you have enough money to live on your own?
- Have you planned a weekly/monthly budget?
- Have you been able to save some money on a regular basis?
- Do you have a steady income?
- Are you usually able to pay your bills on time?
- Do you often need to borrow money from others?
- What do you think about putting some money aside, having a “cash kitty,” for the common household expenses?
- Should you and your roommate each buy your groceries separately or should you share the food bill?
Family and Friends
- Do you have a lot of family and friends who will visit often?
- Would frequent visitors bother you?
- What are your feelings about your roommate having overnight guests?
- Should you and your roommate set some rules about overnight guests?
- What are your feelings about parties at your apartment? What kind of parties? Number of guests?
- Can you say “no” to your friends if you need time to yourself?
- Is a neat and clean apartment important to you?
- Are there certain chores you really dislike and some you don't mind?
- How do you think you and your roommate should share the chores?
- Do you smoke? If so, how often.
- Do you use drugs?
- Do you have any medical problems?
- Does it bother you if others borrow or use your belongings (clothes, TV, radio, food)?