Information that is generally required by an employer
Once you have accepted the job offer an employer will require the following:
- An employer will generally require two forms of identification
- Social Security card
- Drivers License
- Birth Certificate
- Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card
- Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph
- School ID card with a photograph
- Voter’s registration card
- U.S. Military card
- Native American tribal document.
- If you are under 18, the following may be accepted for identification:
- School record or report card
- Clinic, doctor or hospital record.
All documents must be unexpired. There may be other accepted documents, please see your employer.
Additionally, an employer may
- require you to submit to a drug test and
- may do a background check which could include
- Criminal Record Search
- Sexual Offender Database search
- Motor Vehicle Report
- Credit Check
- Social Security Trace Search.
In addition to the above, some jobs require you to have specific Certifications / Cards. Click here to view the various types available.