2013 Safety Tip
School Zone Safety
School Start in August
“ Watch out for the Kids”.
many kids either back at school or days away from going back- AAA has
some important safety tips. Driving through a school zone can be dangerous
for both pedestrians and drivers if safety isn't a priority.
AAA says when you drive through a school zone:
• at 10 miles an hour instead of 15- you are two-thirds less likely
to strike and kill a pedestrian.
• You are also asked to stay focused and keep your eyes on what
is coming up.
• Do not use your phone or change a radio station- that breaks
• Plan ahead. This allows you to arrive at your destination on
time by dealing better with unplanned events like a traffic back-up.
• Don't forget to stop for school buses on both sides of undivided
roads while they drop off passengers.
• Watch out for people coming out of driveways.
• Watch for bike traffic.
And don't forget to obey all rules of the road.