Apply In Person:
We offer same day service for eligible applicants requesting certified copies from all 4 of our locations.
At our office, please be prepared to:
- Complete and sign an application
- Provide your current and valid government issued photo ID with your signature or have your application notarized
- Provide any additional factual documentation to prove relationship or eligibility as required
- Pay the appropriate fee
- Be certain you signed your application and provided a reliable phone number
Note: We will not be able to provide same day service for ineligible applicants or for applicants who do not have valid, signed, government issued photo ID
Apply by Mail:
Download applications and forms. The instructions for completing an application by mail are the same as above under Apply in Person.
Office of Vital Registration
PO Box 2111
Phoenix AZ 85001
Note: The average processing time for applications submitted through the mail is five business days from the date received by MCOVR
VitalChek, Inc. is an independent company the state has partnered with to provide online ordering. Additional fees apply much like a UPS or FedEx service. The same rules and requirements concerning eligibility and possible required documents and fees apply when making a request. VitalChek, Inc. accepts major credit cards including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard®, or Visa®.
Valid, Government Issued Photo ID with signature:
Clear copies of FRONT and BACK of ID is REQUIRED
United States issued Driver’s License or Identification Card
United States Territories Driver’s License or Identification Card
United States Military Identification Card that contains bearer's signature (some do not)
Tribal Identification that contains bearer's signature
Passports – United States or Foreign issued
Visa – In a passport and the bearer's signature is on the passport not the Visa
Permanent Resident Card issued on or after May 11, 2010 which includes a signature
Resident Alien Card (Form I-551)
Employment Authorized Card (Forms I-766, I-688A or I-668B)
Temporary Resident Card (I-688)
Note: Expired, cracked, broken, taped or faded identification documents will not be accepted.
The State of Arizona recently revised the rules that govern how vital records are managed.
Please take a few moments to read carefully.
Who is Eligible to Apply in Arizona
- A parent of a fetus or a person who is of legal age and who is authorized by a parent of the fetus may request a certified or noncertified copy of a certificate of fetal death registration for the fetus
- For a parent whose name is not included in the registered fetal death record, documentation demonstrating that the person submitting the request is a parent of the fetus
- A person authorized by a parent of the fetus to receive a certified or noncertified copy of the certificate of fetal death registration for the fetus
- Only persons 18 years of age or older may obtain a certified copy of a certificate of birth resulting in stillbirth. In addition, to protect the confidentiality rights of our citizens, Arizona law specifies that only the parents listed on the record or another person authorized by one of the parents may obtain a certified copy of a certificate of birth resulting in stillbirth