Widespread flu or infectious disease outbreak, monsoon flooding, power outages, and fire are common types of major events that may affect your daily routine.
Different events require us to prepare differently, however, in all circumstances having some of the items, listed below, are simply are a good idea to have at home.
- non-perishable food
- bottled water
- comfort items such as pillows, extra clothes, and bath products
- medicine and prescriptions
- basic tools such as flashlights, can openers, lanterns, propane for a grill, or a solar cooker
- pet food, plastic bags for waste removal and water containers
- pet medicines or other necessary animal health items
We have researched checklists, online tools, and have found useful reading that may help you become more knowledgeable about preparedness.
Be Proactive! Taking a few moments now, putting aside a few extra items at home, and having important discussions with your family, neighbors, co-workers, and local community now may make a big difference if the unexpected occurs here in our Valley.