Monsoon Begins June 15th
Now is the time to prepare for monsoon weather!
Household Readiness involves three simple steps, 1) Have a household plan, 2) Have an emergency supply kit, and 3) Have a "Go" bag. Need more information on how to prepare? Visit our website.
Preparedness in Motion: If you spend a lot of time in your car, whether you’re running errands, commuting or transporting the kids to all those summer activities, being prepared includes your car, too.
1. Do you carry the basics? Water? First aid kit? Flashlight? Spare tire? Click here for ideas on what you may want to have in your car.
2. Windshield wipers don’t get better with exposure to long dry spells like we see in the desert southwest. We also don’t tend to think about them until we need them the most! Replace worn, cracked ones before the rain starts!
3. When floods are near, steer clear. For more information on flooded roadways and safety, click here.
Stay Informed - There are many easy ways to tap into emergency information or weather related news:
1. Follow Maricopa County Emergency Management on Twitter: @MaricopaEmerg and Facebook: facebook.com/MaricopaCountyEmergencyManagement
2. AZEIN.gov is Arizona’s online source for real-time emergency updates, preparedness and hazard information and multimedia resources.
3. National Weather Service forecasters predict weather conditions and may issue watches, warnings or advisories. These important weather related messages are available online or through the National Weather Radio network.