Three Good Reasons to Volunteer in Your Community!
1. It feels good. The satisfaction and pride that come from helping others are important reasons to volunteer. When you commit your time and effort to an organization or a cause you feel strongly about, the feeling of fulfillment can be endless.
2. It strengthens your community. Organizations and agencies that use volunteers are providing important services at low or no cost to those who need them. When a community is doing well as a whole, its individuals are better off, too.
3. Learn and develop new skills. Volunteering is the perfect conduit to develop a new skill or to discover a new talent. It is never too late to realize new skills or accumulate knowledge. Employers are often seeking well-rounded individuals who have good teamwork and goal setting skills. Planning and implementing a major fundraising event, serving on a volunteer committee or board teaches group dynamics, team work and increases facilitation skills. The possibilities are endless.
The mission of Citizen Corps is to harness the power of every individual through education, training, and volunteer service to make communities safer, stronger, and better prepared to respond to the threats of terrorism, crime, public health issues, and disasters of all kinds.
Here’s an easy way to find a local program just for you!
· Community Disaster Response Teams
· Volunteers in Police Departments
· Support Volunteers in Fire Departments
· Neighborhood and Crime Watch Volunteers
· Medical Reserve Volunteers https://medicalreservecorps.gov/
To learn more about the Citizen Corps Council in Maricopa County, click here.