When applying for a residential photovoltaic system, much of the same information is required for both roof and ground-mounted projects.
|Applications for Roof-mounted PV systems will require:
- Project valuation.
- Site specific layout showing the location of the array and all related equipment.
- Manufacturer's installation recommendations for all equipment.
- Compliance with 2008 NEC Articles 690 and 705 and other codes as applicable.
- Accurate one and three-line drawings.
- Indicate compliance with 2008 NEC Article 690
- Accurate one-line and three-line diagrams
- A proper wiring diagram for the selected inverter.
- The name of the serving electrical utility.
- Identification of whether or not the system is utility interactive; if so show the required bidirectional meter.
FEE INFORMATION: Per Section 208 of the Maricopa County Local Additions and Addenda, the permit fee for
a roof-mounted residential solar system is $300. This includes all Administrative and Building Plan
Reviews and Building Inspection. Payment of $300 is due upon acceptance of the project.
|Applications for Ground-Mounted PV systems require all of the items listed above for roof-mounts,
plus a detailed site plan of entire property.
- Site Plan. Checklist
- Complete dimensions for the array and mounting rack system (length. width. heights) with summary of total square footage for P.V. lot coverage.
- Additional anchoring and fastening details for the ground mounted system.
FEE INFORMATION: Per Section 208 of the Maricopa County Local Additions and Addenda, Section 1602.1 of the Maricopa
County Zoning Ordinance, Section 201 of the Maricopa County Addressing Regulations, and the Maricopa County Drainage
Regulations, the permit fee for a ground-mounted residential solar system that is less than 6-feet in height is $500.
This includes all Administrative, Zoning and Building Plan Reviews and Building Upfront Inspection fees. Payment of
$500 is due upon acceptance of the project Upon review of the permit additional Drainage fees may be assessed depending
on site specific engineering requirements.