The following video highlights the right and wrong ways to handle common ethical dilemmas. Below the video, you will find links to the County's ethics policy and recent news stories about breaches of ethics. Enjoy!
- An ethical tone at the top will help deter misconduct and unethical behavior
- A strong internet usage policy will help prevent abusive internet usage and increase employee productivity
- An organization's policies and procedures should specifically designate the appropriate use of time, and specifically prohibit an employee's use of position and other organizational resources for personal gain
- Hiring practices should be equitable; personal motives for hiring job candidates should always be avoided
- An organization should develop a communication methodology (such as a fraud hotline) by which employees can report misconduct without fear of retribution
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like more information about ethics.