Subdivision, Infrastructure and Planning Program
The Subdivision, Infrastructure and Planning Program is part of the Water & Waste Management
Division of the Environmental Services Department of Maricopa County and is responsible for approving and regulating
water, wastewater and reclaimed water facilities and systems located within the public right-of-way.
The Subdivision, Infrastructure and Planning Program's activities include:
- Project Approvals - Review engineering documentation and designs for the construction of new facilities and
systems or the modification of existing ones. Issue approvals to allow construction to proceed and when
construction is completed.
- Plan Approvals - Review and approve plans to revise or modify the operation of existing facilities or systems
or proposals for the development of new facilities or systems. Issue an approval if the plan is acceptable.
- Enforcement - Enforce the provisions of the Maricopa County
Environmental Health Code and other relevant rules and regulations pertaining to these types of facilities
- Technical Support - Provide technical support to other programs within the Water and Waste Management Division
and act as a technical liaison to other governmental agencies.
- Regulatory Review - Develop revisions to the rules and regulations within Maricopa County government pertaining
to water, wastewater and reclaimed water facilities and systems and provide input to other governmental agencies
for proposed changes to rules and regulations.
In addition to the above activities, Subdivision, Infrastructure and Planning Program staff routinely offer outreach,
instruction, and advice regarding the rules and regulations applicable to water, wastewater and reclaimed water facilities
and systems located within Maricopa County.