Serving the cities and communities of the East Valley.
View the District 2 Interactive Map
Apache Junction - Incorporated under the laws of the State of Arizona on November 24, 1978. It has a "Council-Manager" general law form of government where the City Manager is appointed by the City Council. The Council consists of seven members elected at-large, on a non-partisan basis.
Carefree - Conceived in the mid-1950's by business partners K.T. Palmer and Tom Darlington as a master-planned community. The motto of Carefree is "Home of Cowboys and Caviar, Where the Old West Meets the New."
Cave Creek - Named for Cave Creek, the small stream that originates in the hills to the northeast and flows southwesterly for 25 miles before reaching the vicinity of Paradise Valley.
Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation - Located within Maricopa County about twenty-three miles northeast of Phoenix. The desert landscape is contrasted by the Verde River, which flows north to south through the reservation. Thirty miles east of Fort McDowell, the Four Peaks rise from the desert floor to an elevation of more than 7,000 feet. The community was created by Executive Order on September 15, 1903.
Fountain Hills - The idea for the community began in 1960 when founder, Robert P. McCulloch, purchased 4,500 acres of land from Page Land and Cattle Company. Their vision was to include a memorable landmark, a fountain, recognized as one of the world's tallest fountains.
Gilbert - In 1902, the Arizona Eastern Railway asked for donations of right of way in order to establish a rail line between Phoenix and Florence. A rail siding was established on property owned by William "Bobby" Gilbert. The siding, and the town that sprung up around it, eventually became known as Gilbert. Gilbert was incorporated on July 6, 1920.
Mesa - Mesa enjoys the best in a variety of amenities including parks within easy walking distance from home, a variety of sports facilities that cater to athletes young and old, highly rated golf courses for every skill level, a diversity of special events and community festivals, and Mesa’s ever-popular Chicago Cubs Spring Training baseball.
Paradise Valley - During the late 1800’s, cattle grazed in the area surrounded by the McDowell Mountains to the east and Camelback Mountain to the south. In the 1880’s, the Rio Verde Canal Company turned this open grazing area into irrigated farmland. In 1889, the Rio Verde Canal Company sent three surveyors to this area who were so taken by the beauty and tranquility of the desert landscape that they named this area Paradise Valley.
Phoenix - Phoenix is the capital and the most populous city of Arizona and the county seat of Maricopa County. It was incorporated as a city on February 25, 1881. Its physical location is along the banks of the normally dry Salt River.
Scottsdale - Incorporated in 1951, the City is known as "The West's Most Western Town". Scottsdale is the sixth largest city in Arizona. Scottsdale’s McDowell Sonoran Preserve, in the city’s northern reaches, is the largest urban wilderness area in the United States and features more than 60 miles of trails through diverse and scenic desert terrain.
Salt River Pima - Maricopa Indian Community Scottsdale - A sovereign tribe located in the metropolitan Phoenix area. Established by Executive Order on June 14, 1879, the Community operates as a full-service government and oversees departments, programs, projects and facilities.