Weight Watchers at Work, administered by Maricopa County’s Wellness Works Program, provides an opportunity for employees/dependents to be rewarded for losing weight when they attend Weight Watchers classes. Employees/dependents have two options for completing the program. They can attend Weight Watchers classes at either:
- A County worksite location. Call 602.248.0303 for locations, or to enroll, or
- A community location. Call 800.651.6000 or visit WeightWatchers.com/Arizona
- A combination of both worksite/community locations
Participants in the Weight Watchers online program are not eligible for the reimbursement.
Employees and their dependents who are covered under a County-sponsored medical plan are eligible to receive the reward. Dependents are defined as a spouse and children ages 10 and up. Children 10-17 may participate in the program when accompanied by an adult participating in a Weight Watchers program and with a doctor’s permission note containing the child’s goal weight.
A $104 reimbursement will be awarded to the employee via their paycheck (reimbursement is considered taxable income) if the employee/dependent meets these requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a County-sponsored medical plan
- Must attend the entire meeting for 7 out of 8 Weight Watchers meetings. (The first week weigh-in and meeting is considered week 1.)
- Must lose 3% of body weight by the end of the 8-week session
- Must submit the following materials to Employee Benefits (fax: 602.506.2354) within 90 days of completing the 8-week series of Weight Watchers classes:
- The Weight Watchers at Work Reimbursement Form
- The Weight Watchers Weight Record (page with participant's name, barcode, and number)
- Weight documentation (weekly attendance and weight log)
After verifying coverage and ensuring that the attendance and weight loss goals have been met, the appropriate information will be submitted to County Payroll for processing of the reimbursement.
Participants may earn an unlimited number of rewards by attending additional 8-week programs and meeting the criteria
- Air Quality - Environmental Services - 1001 N. Central, 3rd Floor Classroom
Wednesdays | December 7 - February 1 | 12:00 noon
- Facilities Management Building - 401 W. Jefferson St., Declaration Room |
Wednesdays | January 4 - February 22 | 12:00 noon
Call Weight Watchers at (602) 248-0303 to register.
All class start dates and sites are subject to meeting minimum enrollment numbers.