In it's Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010, The U.S. Department of Agruculture and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services state that eating and physical activity patterns that are focused on consuming fewer calories, making informed food choices, and being physically active can help youattain and maintain a healthy weight, reduce your risk of chronic disease, and promote overall health.
Healthy Vending Machines
Click on the links below to watch "Nutrition in the Kitchen," videos starring the Office of Nutrition and Physical Activity Registered Dietitians Andrea Zechmann and Wendy Alfonso, and learn different cooking techniques and recipes using those techniques.
- Introduction to Nutrition in the Kitchen
- Technique – Steam
- Recipe – Chicken Chopped Salad
- Technique – Sauté
- Recipe – Stuffed Bell Pepper
- Recipe - Roasted Fruit Dessert
- Technique - Roasting Vegetables
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity)
- Champions for Change - Arizona Nutrition Network
- Fruit and Vegetables More Matters
- Maricopa County Public Health Office of Nutrition and Physical Activity
- SuperTracker (Track your foods and physical activities to see how they stack up)
- The People's Garden - USDA Gardening Resources
- What's On Your Plate?