Diabetes Management Program
The Diabetes Management Program is administered by the Employee Benefits Division. The program provides an opportunity for employees and their dependents to be rewarded for taking control of and managing their diabetes.
The goal of the program is to assist participants with controlling blood glucose levels and modifying their lifestyle to prevent or slow the progression of cardiac complications, and diabetic-related eye, kidney, and nerve diseases.
Participants who successfully complete all eight program requirements receive appropriate diabetic supplies and diabetic medications at no cost for one year. After two retail fills of diabetic supplies, additional fills of diabetic supplies will only be covered by mail order through Catalyst Rx. Participation can be continued annually by recertifying the program requirements.
Who is Eligible?
Employees and their covered dependents of any age who have been diagnosed with diabetes and are enrolled in the Co-insurance Pharmacy plan administered by Catalyst Rx. Employees and their covered dependents enrolled in the Choice Fund medical plan are not eligible to enroll in the Diabetes Management Program.
Click here to review the Diabetes Management Program brochure (updated 7/1/12) that contains the eligibility and program requirements.
To get started, contact Employee Benefits at
There are several items required to complete the enrollment process and to qualify for the free diabetic supplies and diabetic medications for one year:
- Complete the Authorization for Disclosure of Private Health Information Form and return to the Employee Benefits Division by faxing it to 602-506-2354
- Complete the eight program requirements
- Submit verification of the eight program requirements. Use the forms below for your medical provider to certify completion of the program requirement.
- Do not submit test results or names of medications or supplies
- In addition, participants who complete the eight Diabetic Management Program requirements may also be eligible for reimbursement of up to four diabetes-related office visit copays, provided those office visits took place during the same timeframe in which the eight requirements were completed. For example, if the eight requirements were completed from July 1st to June 30th, then the diabetes-related office visits should have occurred during that same timeframe, same year. Documentation (forms signed by various healthcare providers and receipts for reimbursement) should be submitted all at once. Forms or receipts submitted one at a time will not be accepted. Click here for reimbursement form.