Quality vision care is important to you eye wellness and overall health care. Maricopa County recognizes this importance and selected EyeMed Vision Care. Make vision care part of your annual health care program at any one of EyeMed's thousands of provider locations.
Acute Care Benefit (effective July 1, 2009)
To enable continuity of eye health care services, an Acute/Primary eye care program will be administered by EyeMed Vision Care at no additional cost to you and your covered family members.
The purpose of the program is to provide coverage for acute eye care conditions identified as part of the vision exam as well as those progressive conditions that could result in vision loss. Maricopa members in need of acute/primary care services will be covered for urgent eye care conditions, such as ‘pink eye’, as well as those progressive conditions that result in vision loss.
Patients with chronic conditions such as glaucoma or diabetes must receive their vision care (except refraction) through their medical benefit.
If you have not registered with our new vision vendor, EyeMed Vision Care, we encourage you to do so by following the instructions below:
- Click here to navigate to the Members' Access page
- Click on the Register button
- Fill out the registration page as indicated
(Only use your Employee ID number in the "Member ID" field. Using the "SSN" field will not register you.)
- After completely filling out the form, click the 'Next' button
- Follow the prompts that follow
- Registering will allow you to have access to pertinent information about your current vision benefits.