Welcome to the Maricopa County New Employee Web Page
Are you a new Maricopa County employee or a Maricopa County employee who just became eligible for benefits?
If so, the information below is an overview regarding benefits eligibility, available plan options, benefit premiums, and the enrollment process.
IMPORTANT: You have 30 calendar days from your date of hire or the date of change in your employment status to complete your benefit elections online through the Benefit Enrollment System via the ADP Portal.
Definition of an Eligible Employee
Definition of an Eligible Dependent
In general, benefits are effective the first day of the 3rd pay period following your date of hire.
You should plan to attend a County New Employee Orientation (NEO). Your department Human Resources (HR) Liaison will assist in scheduling you. Review the What’s New? booklet prior to attending NEO.
If you cannot attend the County NEO, the Department of Employee Benefits and Health hosts a second NEO each month covering Benefits and Wellness information only. Click here for the complete 2016 County and Benefits and Wellness NEO schedule.
Available Plan Options:
The Employee Benefits Home Page provides 24/7 access to benefit summaries and plan information including:
- Dental Plan Comparison Chart
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Medical Plan Comparison Chart
- MetLaw Hyatt Legal Plan
- Prescription plan information including drug lists
- Short-Term Disability
Benefit premiums are deducted beginning on the first day of the 3rd pay period following your date of hire. Premiums are not pro-rated if you become eligible for benefits in the middle of a pay period.
Premium Reduction Screenings:
You have the opportunity to reduce your medical premium by completing a Biometric and Tobacco Screening, and an online Health Assessment and Tobacco Use Affidavit. In order to qualify for wellness incentives and participate in certain Maricopa County wellness programs, information about you will need to be exchanged between Maricopa County and its wellness services administrator, StayWell Health Management (“Staywell”). You will be asked to read and respond to a Wellness Consent while completing your benefit elections in the Benefit Enrollment System. If you consent you will be granted access to the StayWell Portal to schedule your Biometric and Tobacco Screening, take the Health Assessment and complete the Tobacco Use Affidavit.
The Enrollment Process:
A personalized "Benefit Enrollment Worksheet" will be mailed to your home address to assist you in entering your benefit elections online. This worksheet will show the default coverage. If benefit elections are not made within 30 calendar days of your hire date or date of benefits eligibility, you will be automatically enrolled in the Cigna HMO medical plan, Catamaran Co-Insurance Prescription plan, Magellan Behavioral Health plan, Basic Life and Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance. If you have dependents, they will not be covered for any benefits. You must take action to make your own choice.
To complete your enrollment, log into the Benefit Enrollment System via the ADP Portal. Click on your ‘Newly Eligible Event’ and follow the ‘Top Down’ process to elect each benefit. Click on the ‘Submit’ button to confirm your elections and print a copy of the Confirmation Page to keep for your records. A Confirmation Statement will also be mailed to your home address after your Benefits Eligible period has ended.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to log in and complete your online benefit elections, click here.
- For ADP Portal User ID or Password issues, contact the OET Customer Service Center at (602) 506-4357. Be prepared to provide your Employee ID number that starts with "811xxxxxx". This number is located on your Benefit Enrollment Worksheet or paycheck statement.
After Enrolling in Benefits:
- Respond to the Dependent Verification Audit if you’ve added dependents to your coverage.
- Submit Evidence of Insurability (EOI) for life insurance, if applicable.
- Verify correct premium deductions are being taken on your pay statement.
- Learn about your retirement benefits with the Arizona State Retirement System or the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System for the State of Arizona
For additional information or for general benefit questions, contact the Employee Benefits Division, Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm at (602) 506-1010.