You might think juvenile court is a joke. A slap on the wrist and you're out the door. Wrong! The punishment for juveniles in Arizona just got a lot tougher.
- Did you know that if you are 15, 16 or 17 years old, you are required to be tried as an ADULT if: you commit a specified violent crime (including murder, armed robbery, forcible sexual assault, or aggravated assault), or you are arrested for your third felony (which is any felony after being dispositioned on two prior felonies)?
- Did you know that some juvenile records are not confidential?
- Did you know that your parents must come to court with you?
- Did you know that your first driving under the influence conviction means losing your driver’s license?
- Did you know that adjudication for graffiti, failure to come to court, car theft and other statute violations can results in a driver’s license suspension?
- Did you know that the destruction of juvenile records is not automatic?