Spay & Neuter
MCACC offers two venues for low-cost spay/neuter surgeries:
- Neuter Scooter – a self-contained surgical unit that offers spay/neuter surgeries, license and rabies vaccination clinics for Maricopa County residents. The Neuter Scooter is intended for owned pets. Each Neuter Scooter Spay & Neuter event can provide service for up to 25 dogs and cats, depending on size. Each Neuter Scooter Vaccine & License Clinic can provide service for 100+ animals.
Please check our calendar of events
to see when the Neuter Scooter will be in your area! All events are first come first serve.
- Spay Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP) – a subsidized voucher program. The program provides free spay/neuter surgeries at participating veterinarians throughout Maricopa County. The program is funded solely by donations. Vouchers are available at our East and West Valley Care Centers. For locations and hours for these centers, please click here. Vouchers are also available at all of our events. To see if there is a scheduled event in your area please click on the calendar of events link above this paragraph.
Help save pets lives with a donation. Donate today!
Uno Por Uno
Uno por Uno (Spanish for one by one) was designed to reach neighborhoods, serve families, and save animals, one by one. Uno por Uno is a pro-active and creative approach to keep the community safe, curb the problem on pet overpopulation, and end the senseless euthanasia of adoptable pets in Maricopa County.
Through this innovative program, MCACC will:
- Increase spay/neuter
- Increase rabies vaccinations
- Increase licensing compliance
- ALL CLINICS ARE FOR MARICOPA COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY
- Dogs must be securely controlled on a leash or in a carrier at all times.
- Cat in carrier: All cats must be in a secure pet carrier (1 cat per carrier). Cats can escape easily if not properly contained. No pillowcases or cardboard boxes, please!
- All animals must be in good health and three months of age or older.
- Animals must be brought in by legal owner, age 18+
- Licenses available: $17 for sterilized dogs ($6 for sterilized dogs owned by senior citizens, age 65+), $42 for un-sterilized dogs.
- Pregnant females will not be vaccinated.
- Help your pet find its way home! Microchipping is available for $25 at all UPU events.
- All forms of payment (cash, check, money order, credit/debit cards) are accepted.
- If available, please bring your animal’s last rabies vaccination certificate.
- Please check our calendar of events page for event dates.
Spay/Neuter Clinic Special Instructions
- FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED
- Check-In begins at 6am, but customers line up much earlier
- Vet limit two (2) pets per household
- No food/water after 10 p.m. the night before surgery
- Cats must weigh at least 2 pounds
- Dogs must weigh at least 3 pounds
- No herniated pets
- No cryptorchid males (retained testicles)
- No pregnant or in-heat females
- Purchase of a $17 license is required for ALL dogs receiving surgery
*Please note: Clinics are held rain or shine; however, MCACC reserves the right to cancel or limit the clinic duration in the event of severe weather. Depending on event attendance, you may experience a lengthy wait in line. Prepare for the weather. In the summer, bring water and dress appropriately.