Home > Dog Licenses > Licensing Benefits
A license is more than just a requirement. It is a benefit to you and your dog. Found dogs wearing a Maricopa County Animal Care & Control (MCACC) tag can be reunited quickly with their owner.
- If your dog is wearing his/her tag and someone confines him/her and calls MCACC’s phone number engraved on the tag, the primary phone number on your account will be provided to the caller 24/7/365.
- If your dog is confined by one of our officers, MCACC staff will attempt to take your pet home to you immediately, skipping a trip to one of our facilities.
- If your dog is taken to one of our facilities, he or she will receive a longer care period. We will exhaust every option we have to contact you using the information on your account in our database.
- If your dog bites someone, he/she may be eligible for home quarantine instead of quarantine in one of our facilities or a veterinary hospital.
- License fees support the operations and care of the animals in our facilities, return of over 6,500 pets to their homes, and adoption of more than 20,000 homeless pets to new families every year.
It is vitally important to your dog that you notify MCACC of any changes to your address, phone number(s) or email address on your account. The success of our efforts to return your pet to you is dependent upon the information contained within our database and that your pet is always wearing his/her MCACC tag.
- Licensing Requirements
- License Fees & Penalties
- License Online
- License Application (Print Version)
- License Modifications/Updates