Phase II - System Design (NOID Application)
Once the site and soils evaluation has been completed and approved, a report will be provided. The report will include a description of the soils
and the soil absorption rate (SAR). Any limiting conditions will also be noted. The SAR, along with the number of bedrooms and fixture units in
the proposed dwelling, is used to determine the minimum design parameters of the septic system.
Plan Submittal and Inspection Procedures
- Select, design, and lay out the septic tank and primary and reserve disposal areas on the site plan. Refer to the worksheets and sizing charts
in the NOID application packet for instructions.
- Submit the NOID application (see below), along with all required supporting documentation.
- MCESD will review the application materials. Additional information or redesign of the system may be requested.
- Once the application is approved, a Construction Authorization Permit is granted.
- Install the septic system according to the approved plans.
- To initiate the final inspection, call the inspection line (602) 506-1787. Complete the
Request for Discharge Authorization form and submit the form to the On-Site Wastewater Treatment Facility Program in person, by
or fax (602) 506-6925. Have the permit/tracking number and address available and provide any special instructions or requests (e.g.
call to meet at site, gate code).
- Once the construction inspection is approved, a Discharge Authorization will be issued.
Phase II application instructions and forms, bedroom and fixture unit worksheets, sizing charts, setback requirements, example documents
and On-Line Permit Application Submittal
instructions can be found at Forms, Applications and Information Sheets.