WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ENROLLING?
- Your establishment will receive the Cutting Edge window seal in recognition of your participation.
- Your establishment will be recognized on the Department’s website and weekly media report.
- Your establishment will receive “Verification Visits” on every other regularly scheduled visit. (see below for details).
These visits will to simply verify continued active managerial control over the 10 foodborne illness risk factors. Successful completion of
a verification visit will result in an “A” grade under the County’s new grade card system.
- Your establishment will be eligible to receive the annual “Cutting Edge Award”, which is awarded for successfully participating
and performing in the program for one year.
Enrolled establishments will receive verification visits to replace every other
comprehensive inspection. Here are the items that will be verified during these visits:
- There is still a CFM on staff and a CFM and/or PIC is on duty.
- Active managerial control (policy, training, and monitoring) over the risk factors applicable to your operation.
- SOP’s reflect current menu and procedures.
- If your establishment has a variance requiring a HACCP plan, the critical control points as approved by the Department.