Our Division enforces the Maricopa County Environmental Health Code. In order to do that we issue permits
to businesses like food establishments, pet shops, public accommodations, public and semi-public swimming
pools, mobile food vendors, and trailer parks. These businesses are then inspected on a regular basis with
a frequency that depends on the type of operation. In addition, we also follow up on nuisance complaints if
they fall within our jurisdiction, such as sewage, rodents, garbage, etc. in a permitted establishment.
Below is a list of some of the establishments we inspect:
- food establishments i.e. restaurants, hospitals, grocery stores, convenience markets.
- public accommodations like hotels, motels and resorts.
- mobile home parks.
- pet shops.
- food processors i.e. chips factory, ice cream manufacturer etc.
- food jobbers/warehouses.
- mobile food vendors i.e. ice cream vendors, mobile food units and hot dog carts.
- public and semi-public swimming pools which include the City pools and all pools attached to apartment complexes, homeowner associations and public accommodations.