The Maricopa County Leadership and Education Advancing Public Service program, MCLEAPS, is administered through ASU’s College of Public Service and Community Solutions, and internships are open to all ASU students. Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for this experiential and educational opportunity. MCLEAPS is an exciting opportunity for the students and the County.
The full-time, immersive work-learning opportunities are offered in fall and spring semesters. Most are project-based and vary by department, providing an opportunity to complement student’s academic pursuits, recruiting and training the highest performing, most dedicated young people to become the next generation of public servants.
- career-relevant work experience,
skillsand industry knowledge for chosen career
- opportunity to build a network of professional connections for career start and advancement
- waiver of ASU tuition and fees (student will be responsible for any fees associated with
specificdegree program) stipendof $4,700 paid for project work performed
- academic credit toward degree, depending on major and degree, as well as Department or School requirements
The MCLEAPS internship program is open to all Arizona State University student who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Eligible candidates must be admitted and currently enrolled at Arizona State University.
- Undergraduate students must have achieved a minimum of 75 credits towards the 120 student credit ASU degree. A second semester junior or senior student is eligible.
- Graduate students are eligible
- Transfer students from community college or other public or private colleges or universities must have attend a minimum of one semester at ASU, prior to the start of the semester in which thy will participate, to be eligible.
- Students must have earned and maintained a GPA of 3.0 or higher at ASU, as evidenced in their transcript.
- International students are not eligible to apply.
To access the application and more information on the program, please visit Publicservice.asu.edu/mcleaps.