Apply for a Tire Permit
How to apply
- Complete the Waste Tire Fee form from the Arizona Department of Revenue and email it to McCartneyr@mail.maricopa.gov
- Fax the form to 480-888-2706
- Apply in person at the Maricopa County Waste Tire Collection Facility
There are two types of permits: A Regular Permit for New and Used Tire Dealers which is good for one full calendar year, and a Special Permit for a one-time cleanup of illegally discarded waste tires and is valid for 30 days.
What you need in order to apply
- Tire Dealers must attach a copy of your Business License along with your permit application. If you have more than one location, you must list each location in your application before you utilize the facilities.
- New Tire Dealers are required to submit a copy of their TR-1 with the tire permit application.
- All residents will need their County Assessor Parcel Number on the application and a photocopy of their AZ D.L. OR I.D. with your permit application.
Before you bring the tires to drop off...
- Make sure you have your completed waste tire disposal manifest, one for each place of business or each resident you collected tires from to the Tire Recycling Facility. The manifest is mandatory and your tire load will be rejected without proper paperwork.
- Bring a copy of the waste tire generator permit to the Tire Recycling facility. The permit is required to dispose of your tires.
- Tires must be generated within Maricopa County.
- Make sure your tires are removed from the rims and not encased with dirt.
- Shredded, burnt, cut, or encased with dirt tires are not accepted.
- Residents may dispose of a maximum of 50 waste tires per year.
- You must follow all posted rules at the disposal site.